October 8, 2009

Color makes me Happy........


There is nothing like a cool, crisp Fall Day, I get to light up my hot torch and play with rainbows. I mean, who am I to complain about that?
But who am I kidding, there's always room to complain! Lol....
But back to color....
If you think about it, color dominates our lives. Red can make you feel tense, whereas blue can calm your mood down. Its true.

Color is a HUGE part of every day life.
Its how we know when to STOP at the RED light, GO at GREEN
all the way down to the color of our food, right?
I mean, its deeper than people really think about.
Would you eat a Blue watermelon? Orange corn? Purple apples?

I guess you would if that's how the color was presented to you in the 1st place....but color rides deep into your soul.
Some relate to color as your "Chakra.."
(i.e. green = the heart, yellow is the solar plexus or the organs below the rib cage (endocrine, stomach, liver spleen...) and so on. Even red is determined to increase your appetite and used in some restaurants, etc.)

Oh gawd, I didn't mean to make this soo complex, lol, but did you learn something new? Color therapy dates back to the Ancient Egyptians...
there was a spiritual reason that the grass was green and the sky was blue.
Then today's big wigs come in and talk about how refraction and subtraction and whateveraction...how the eye interprets light, etc.

I mean, seriously. Couldn't we have just left the whole theory alone and speculate as to why tomatoes turn red when their ready to eat, or why every things soo green in the summer? Glorious colors erupt in the Autumn....because Mother Nature says so? That's good enough for me.
I dont need to know the chemical theory behind lycopene for my red tomatoes. Umm, when they are bursting red and full of flavor, they are simply ready to eat right? Pass the salt please.
Speaking of red ripe tomatoes...I tried one of those TopsyTurvy upside down tomater plants this summer. And I have a pretty green thumb.
Umm, nope. Didn't work. I didn't get ONE tomato off that plant, I was soo ticked off. I even contemplated stealing one of my neighbors vine tomatoes, but figured that would screw up my Chakra somewhere and Lord have mercy, I don't wanna do that.
And who on earth made up the word GREEN THUMB?

My thumb is not really green, but when I grow great plants, I'm considered to have a green thumb? See?? Now that's one of those things, that Chemists can NOT decipher or take apart and find some chemical reason, my green thumb was not working this summer and my tomatoes never turned red.
See? See how color is such a big part of your life?
Color is a HUGE part of my life. Not only the day to day stuff, but
I get to PLAY with every color of the rainbow. I get to melt color after color of glass and make my OWN rainbows.
Chakra THAT!

No comments: