November 26, 2008

28 Sleeps till...........

Omigosh, there are only 28 sleeps till Christmas.
I cannot believe that another year has come and gone.
It truly amazes me that its almost 2009.

I don't know about your kids, but my kids are soo excited about
Christmas this year, its really quite fun, given the youngest is 9 and the oldest is 19.
I do miss Christmas's of yesteryear when I would stay up for
hours on end wrapping toys, filling stockings with stuffers and the wild
doe eyed look on my lil ones faces when coming down the stairs.

Christmas is truly a magical time of year.
Now that we have 5 kids and toys arent the main dish under the tree anymore, December is just one of the best months of the year.

We dipped our chocolate covered pretzels this past weekend and rolled em in red, white and green sprinkles...mmmm....
I dont like all those kits out there, I mean I like the molds for the chocolate, but the actual chocolate sucks....so I use Nestle Toll House chips with a small tablespoon of shortening....works like a charm and Im a dark chocolate lover, so its truly magic on your taste buds.

I know Im all over the Christmas Spirit and we havent even eaten Turkey yet, but I cannot WAIT to stuff my face tomorrow....
I am getting up early to help my mom cook and sticking a beef tenderloin in the oven tonite...mmmm.....Why is it that the Holidays are focused around eating?? lol...

There is NOTHING in the world like a beef tenderloin, its truly succulent and soo tender you can cut it with your fork.
The eating just doesnt END...but its the holidays and I think thats a great excuse, dont you??

Everyones feeling better today, that flu is NASTY I tell you....
N-A-S-T-Y. And it lasts like freegan forever...ok, ok about a week, but it feels like forever....the muscle aches, headache, stiff joints, foaming at the mouth. Ok, ok, so Im exaggerating, so what.

I just wanted to step in and tell all my wonderful readers
to have a wonderful fattening Turkey Day and may you all feel the peace and warmth of family during this time of year.

Dont forget to make a wish if you get the wishbone in your turkey...
Dreams DO come true.

No comments: